Friday, January 13, 2006

USA VERSION OF MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY

While we're waiting on the edge of our seats (and tipping over) for an announcement of some sort, I learned the USA version of the Move's Message From The Country did indeed land in stores this week.

For most people, it won't make much difference.  Besides a few unique markings (with FBI Warning, of course), everything's pretty much the same as the UK edition, Harvest label, color centerfold and 20 page booklet.

Also like the UK release, all songs start after 2 seconds of silence.  Whether or not it's intentional, it gives the appearance (at least to me) of an error that got overlooked by everybody.  Sorry, it just annoys the hell out of me.

In what was a pleasant surprise, my local Tower Records prominently featured MFTC with the day's new catalog releases and at least a dozen copies were stocked.  Compare that to the day ELO's All Over The World comp CD was released by Sony BMG.  I had to go to three stores and eventually found just one copy. 

If I were Stephen Colbert, EMI would get a Tip of the Hat and Sony BMG would get a Wag of the Finger.

No comments: