Friday, October 29, 2010

SUTHERLAND CD?

Rossif Sutherland has been blogging about his recent recording experience and it turns out he may release a physical CD after all, one way or another. Here's a relevant passage:
After that, hopefully sometime before Christmas, I'll make my way back down here with Seth to work with Matt on mixing this thing. And after that, we'll get it mastered. By that point I should have all the art work for the album done and be ready to actually make cds. Not quite sure how I'll be making it available at first, online I guess and hardcopies through ebay maybe. I look forward to sharing the music...
Another:
In early January, after I finish shooting this movie I have to do here in Toronto, which I'm very excited to be a part of, I will return to Texas for seven days of mixing, then the last step will be mastering, and then I have a record:) I look forward to sharing the music...
Sutherland's These Words, Waiting For The Train and In The Clouds are produced by Jeff Lynne and are still available to hear on his MySpace page.  He previously wrote that he'll include all three on his CD, but time will tell if he sticks to that plan.  It sounds like he's been pretty productive lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of him Rossif Sutherland before but he sounds like a talented young man. It's a shame he's now subject to the lack of imagination of the once-great Jeff Lynne though. I'm a Jeff fan, don't get me wrong, but for a start isn't it about time he threw away that biscuit tin he's been using as a snare drum for the last 20-something years...?? Sadly nothing that Mr Lynne has done since Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever has excited me at all. All the same-sounding, boring stuff

Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, Jeff Lynne could, quite literally, use a biscuit tin as a snare drum.
In fact, he could use a cornflake box as a snare drum and he would still get the same effect from that ! - he is a musical genius and I will never tire of his work.

If you are reading this Jeff, don't throw away your biscuit tin - it may well be 'just' a biscuit tin to some people, but to others (like me) your biscuit tin is home to thousands of different types of biscuits... and I haven't tasted them all, yet.

You see, those people who can't be bothered to take the lid off the tin can call themselves a 'Jeff fan' - but they end up being bored, and suffer from a lack of exitement...

I believe Jeff is mixing the ingredients to some new biscuits as we speak - and is even revisiting some old recipies and giving them a new topping.

I will be, as I have always have, be treating each new song that comes our way from Jeff Lynne like a bottle of fine wine... gently pop the cork, take in the aroma, top up my glass... let the wine stand for a brief moment... before slowly drinking the 'Birmingham' vintage vino... in the time honoured manner...

You may also be tempted to add a complimentary biscuit from the vast array available in the JL snare drum ?

A biscuit may be a biscuit... but a Jeff Lynne biscuit is a unique biscuit... once you have REALLY, TRULY TASTED ONE, all other biscuits just don't have that unique taste do they ?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not stopping anyone from tasting other types of biscuit...